Here’s a quick update:
I’m still feeling nauseous/crampy after most meals regardless of what I eat or how much. It’s improving but very, very slowly. On the upside, plumbing is fully functional again. I’m ready for this whole  ugly mess to be over.
I do have some regrets about quitting. And some guilt. I wanted it to work and hate that it was such a miserable experience for me.
I slowly added foods back for a couple days (I got my biscuit on Thursday) and then I gave up and let it all back in. My wonderful grandmother turned 80 this weekend so I was out of town and eating junk. Now that I’m back home, it’s time to get some cooking done and get back to clean eating. I’m looking forward to it.
The night I quit Whole 30, as I drove in the sunshine to meet friends for sushi, I felt an incredible sense of freedom settle on me. I can’t really explain how amazing it was. I was ready to take what I learned and apply it to a new plan for my life.
- I don’t have to finish what’s on my plate.
- It really doesn’t take much food to satisfy my appetite.
- I can make my own mayonnaise so easily and it’s delicious!
- I don’t love meat as much I thought I did.
- I can survive without eating at a restaurant for a couple weeks.